What is Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020?
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is inviting applications for IGIDR Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020 from PhD degree holders. The main objective of the fellowship is to support high-quality research by scholars with a doctoral degree and an outstanding academic record.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is offering this fellowship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a resident and citizen of India
- Have obtained a PhD degree in the fields of Economics or Energy and Environment Policy
- Be under 40 years of age
- Have obtained at least 55% marks or equivalent in his/her Master’s degree
Note: Candidates having completed a PhD thesis within last 2 year and/or working as junior faculty in educational institutions and/or have strong publication records will be given preference. Also, the candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis by 31st March 2020 are also eligible to apply.
What are the benefits ?
- The selected students will get a fellowship amount of INR 70,000 per month for one year
- The fellowship can be extended to another year if the researcher’s progress is satisfactory
- Working scholars/junior faculty, who will be joining the fellowship on a leave from their job and earning more than the fellowship amount, can get salary protection up to the scale of lecturer/assistant professor, subject to the discretion of the Director
- On-campus accommodation will also be provided depending on the availability
How can you apply ?
Follow the step mentioned below to apply:
Step 1: Click here to visit the application page.
Step 2: Fill in your email ID and click ‘Next’.
Step 3: Fill in all the details and click “Next”.
Step 5: Upload relevant documents.
Step 6: Finally submit the form.
What are the documents required for the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020?
The following documents are required for application:
- Research details/synopsis of PhD thesis
- List of publications (if any)
- A proposed plan of post-doctoral work at IGIDR (not exceeding three pages)
- Writing Sample (articles/scholarly papers published in academic journals/extracts of past academic works)
- Recommendations (two)
- PhD Degree Certificate (photocopy)
- Approval from the parent institution of the candidates (if applicable)
What are the selection criteria ?
The selection will be made on the basis of the quality of application, proposal and the interview which will be conducted at IGIDR.
What are the important dates ?
Application deadline: 13th March 2020
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants need to stay logged in into their Gmail account to apply.
- All documents are to be submitted in PDF format.
- Maximum file size for documents to be uploaded is 10 MB.
Ms Martha Lobo
Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programme
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR)
Gen. A. K. Vaidya Marg, Goregaon East,