Tata Innovation Fellowship Notification 2020-21
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020 – Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with outstanding track record in Biological sciences/Biotechnology to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, environment and other allied areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
The scheme is aimed at rewarding interdisciplinary work where major emphasis is on innovation and translational research with a potential towards commercialization
Nature of Support
- The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving salary from an international organization, he/she will be entitled for research grant i.e. contingency only.
- In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of ongoing research project under the fellowship.
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020-21 Important Dates
Last Date for Submission of Filled-in-Application Form : 15th November 2020
Number of Fellowship : Five per year
Duration of Fellowship : Three years, extendable further by two years on a fresh appraisal
Eligibility Criteria for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020-21
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as 15-11-2020.The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his/her organization.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/ related areas. The applicant must have outstanding contribution and publication in the specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular permanent position in a University/ Institute/ Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020-21 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply through the official website http://www.dbtindia.gov.in
- For application format and submission details, please visit DBT website (http://www.dbtindia.gov.in) Application (2 hard copies) duly forwarded by the competent authority of host Institute should be sent to Dr. Deo Prakash Chaturvedi, Scientist “C”, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Room No.814, 8th Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, not later than November 15, 2020.
- Soft copy of application in the prescribed proforma should be mandatorily submitted online through DBT ePromis portal (url: http://www.dbtepromis.gov.in or http://www.dbtepromis.nic.in) on or before November 15, 2020.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website