Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) – 2020
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship – PMRF 2020 Eligibility, Application Form & Apply Online Dates
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is offering Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF), 2020 to the meritorious students who wish to join doctoral programs in science and technology at IITs and IISc. Students who have completed or pursuing final year B.Tech or integrated M.Tech or integrated M.Sc. program from IIEST/IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs and centrally funded IIITs can apply for this fellowship. The fellowship aims to enable the meritorious students to carry out research in science and technology domains.
PMRF 2020 Eligibility
- In order to be eligible for this fellowship, an applicant must have
- Completed or pursuing final year B.Tech or integrated M.Tech or integrated M.Sc. program in science and technology from IIEST/IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs and centrally funded IIITs.
- Secured CGPA/CPI of 8.0 out of 10.0.
- Completed requisite academic qualification in the last 5 years.
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) Reward 2020
The benefits provided to the selected fellows are:
- The fellowship duration is of 5 years.
- In the 1st and 2nd year, students will be provided with an amount of INR 70,000/- per month.
- In 3rd year, an amount of INR 75,000/- per month will be given to the fellows.
- In the 4th and 5th year, students will receive INR 80,000/- per month.
- Moreover, the contingency grant of INR 2 lacs per annum for 5 years will be given to the awardees.
How To Apply Online for PMRF Application Form
Below are the steps which students have to follow to apply for this fellowship
- Students can apply via online mode only.
- Click here to apply online.
- Fill the personal details, qualifying degree details and upload all the requisite documents.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1,000/- to the SBI collection.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button and check the declaration.
- Before submitting the form, students must check all the details properly.
- At last, submit the for
Required Document for PMRF 2020
- SBI collect (e-receipt in PDF)
- Latest CV in PDF
- Mark sheet of last qualified semester (PDF)
- Scanned photograph
- Project summary of around 100 words in PDF
PMRF 2020 application form is now available. The last date to apply has been extended until 7th October (11 p.m.). The interview will be held from 30th November to 18th December, depending upon the venue of the interview.
There is a 2 stage selection process of PMRF 2020. In the first stage, the eligible candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of written test and personal interview held at the nodal institutes. The final selection will be based on the interview.